Seagram Lakes - 2 night trip
Seagram Lakes - 2 night trip
This tour takes in the Seagrim lake chain, a set of small pristine lakes in Nopiming park. This area of the park is known for it’s population of boreal caribou, as well as being an easy introduction to canoe camping, due to the small lakes and well established camp sites. It’s perfect for anyone looking for a short trip with easy distances. It makes for a fun and accessible first trip!
For reviews from previous trips, click here!
Each day you can expect a delicious breakfast prepared by guide, followed by some time to relax and enjoy the views while drinking your morning coffee or tea. Once we pack up, we'll get on the water and paddle for about 1.5 hours before finding a spot for a lunch break, as well as swimming if anyone wants to cool off. After lunch we will continue paddling for another 2 to 3 hours and then settle down at our spot for the evening. We will have between 0 and 3 portages per day, (carrying gear by foot between lakes). The longest is 250 metres, but most are closer to 150. At our site, your guide will teach everyone about the basics of clean and responsible camping and help with site setup along every step of the way. You can choose any number of ways to enjoy your time at the site, including swimming, hiking, picking blueberries, or just chatting around the fire. Your guide will prepare a delicious camp dinner and you can enjoy time with new or old friends, sharing stories around the campfire!
1. There is a waiver and a medical info form that will be sent to you upon booking, and need to be filled out and signed to go on the trip.
2. Our trips depart from the Winnipeg Canoe Kayak Centre at 80 Churchill Drive (just across from Churchill High School). There is street parking available in front of the centre.
3. We will meet at the centre at 7:30am Friday morning, aiming to leave at 8:00am.
4. We will return to Winnipeg mid-day on Sunday. Roughly between 1 and 3
5. You only need to bring what is mentioned on the packing list. Anything else is provided by us. We have boats, gear, food, tents, and a passenger van to transport you from Winnipeg to Nopiming Park
6. We are outdoors for our entire trip. We camp in tents and spend our days on the water and around the campsites. Be prepared for rain, sun, bugs, and hot and cold weather. Sunscreen, bug-spray, rain-jackets, and 1 or 2 warm sweaters are recommended depending on forecast. Check your packing list for details.
Even though it’s summer, we are outside almost all the time, and it can get cold, especially at night.
Anything you bring will be paddled across lakes and carried over portages, therefore it’s important to pack light. Don’t worry about not having a change of clothes every day, after a few days in the woods everyone’s gonna be a bit stinky! There are no shower facilities on the trip, but you can always jump in the lake to wash off if needed.
*When cotton gets wet, you get cold. Please bring technical clothing that will wick away sweat. Wool or polyester both work great. Workout clothes are a good bet.
· 2 shirts
· 1 pair pants
· 1 pair shorts
· 1 pair of underwear per day
· 1 pair of socks per day (bonus points if you bring wool socks)
· 1 swim suit
· 1 towel
· 1 pair of shoes, sturdy hikers or runners
· 1 pair sandals, for swimming and for wearing at the site
For Cold and Rain
Please check the weather before your departure and adapt accordingly. For example, a trip in May with plenty of rain forecasted will want to bring an extra sweater
Make sure to pack your gear either in a waterproof bag, or to place your valuables in ziplocs and your clothing in a garbage bag. If it rains, then your bags will get wet.
· 1 rain jacket. Please don’t forget a rain jacket, keeping dry is the most important step in staying warm.
· 1-2 warm sweaters/jackets
· 1 toque
· Warm base layers/pyjamas, shirt and long underwear.
· 1 pair gloves
· Bug spray
· Water bottle
· A good book
1. No alcohol
2. No drugs
3. Safety first. (Detailed safety instructions will be given on the trip)
4. Minors must be accompanied by an adult
5. Respect the environment. We carry out all our garbage, make sure you dispose of everything properly while on the trip.